It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...
Here is what we woke up to Monday, Tuesday, and Friday of this week. It really was lovely.
(This by the way is what our bedroom looks like post-wedding. The beautiful new comforter and sheets finally motivated me to paint the walls. I painted them while Jeff was in DC to surprise him for his birthday.)
We also took a few walks up to the top of the hill at the end of our street. This is from Friday, which was a gorgeous day, even though the sun eventually melted all the delightful snow.
I feel like the snow is a gift to us since we decided to stay in Oregon for the holidays this year. It's really feeling a lot more like Christmas for me this year. I think that also may be due to the fact that we decorated the house for the first time. I've never decorated for Christmas before since I've never been around to celebrate it in my own home. And Gaily always threw the holiday party, so there was really no need. It's been nice to decorate though. Jeff have I have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This is what the house currently looks like. (Well, it doesn't include Orange Kitty, who is snoozing away on the brown chair, but I think you'll get the picture.)
The crĂȘche
Our stockings--knitted by my mom!
Our cute little tree
This, of course, comes with a story. We went to the tree lot nearest to our house. It's over by the Friendly Street Market. They were advertising $10 trees. Some of the trees were $10; others were $4 per foot. We picked out a really nice Douglas Fir that was skinny and about six feet tall. We thought that it would go nicely in our space because we don't have a ton of room or very tall ceilings. Then, we looked at the $10 trees. And we found this one. It was so squat and cute! Of course, Jeff had to say that it was the donkey of Christmas trees. I LOVE burros! I was obsessed with them on our hike in Peru. It is a cute tree. It doesn't look much like a donkey, but it is darling. I think this one suits us just fine.
The Christmas tree loaded with presents, thanks to our loving families. Please note the ornament hanging off the curtain rod. Jeff knows just what to do to keep me from feeling homesick. That's one right out of my brother Bill's book!
And now for us with the tree:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 Comments:
Yes! I love the random ornament hanging from the curtain rod.
Merry Christmas! We'll miss seeing you!
We really missed you guys! Summer seems a longs ways off!
I finished your scrapbook. All I need know is the motivation to pack and ship it. Soon, I promise!
YOU GUYS ARE MARRIED!!! :D Congratulations!! I cannot believe I STILL have your blog bookmarked, but I'm glad I do! Sounds like you guys are fantastic, as always. I'm still planning on visiting Eugene before I graduate. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home