Sunday, November 30, 2008

Time Flies

It turns out planning a wedding and working full time doesn't leave you with much time to update your blog. However, Jeff and I plan to be better about this. Seriously. We promise.

I think I thought you all knew what we were up to since we were living in Oregon and not in Ecuador. How different can life be from one side of the country to the other? After reading my sisters' blogs, I realized how entertaining and interesting it is to read up on the daily lives of loved ones. So, that is going to be the goal here.

At the moment, Jeff is home cranking out a new story and I am at school taking a break from planning. We had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. Jeff and I had some of our friends and their friends over to celebrate on Thursday. We spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings making what we could ahead of time. I baked gingerbread, pumpkin pie, and a beer/cheese bread. Jeff made hummus and brined the turkey. Thursday morning, I made spicy pita chips (to go with the hummus), orange chipotle pecans with dried cranberries, and cranberry sauce. Jeff washed the potatoes, made stuffing, and got the turkey ready to go. Our friends arrived at four. We had a great time eating and playing Apples to Apples afterwards.

Friday was nice. We hiked up Mount Pisgah, which is another butte-like hill (read small mountain) near our house. We ran into a bunch of people we knew who were also out enjoying the nice weather. Yesterday was gorgeous--sunny and 67 degrees--if you can believe it. We went on a twenty mile bike ride out to the Fern Ridge reservoir for a picnic. On the way out, we stopped at the local humane society to pet the cats, play with the kittens, and pine after the dogs, who were in dog-run-like kennels. I don't know if Jeff pined after the dogs, but I sure did. No plans for pets yet, but it was fun to look. Then we caught one of our favorite local bands, Mood Area 52, at a bar.

Today, it's back to the grindstone to prepare for work tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to a normal week. It's really our only one before the Christmas crazies start sinking in...

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap- a post! Now it will be worth continuing to check your blog! Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving weekend. What's the word on Christmas? Miss you guys! love, gaily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home