Sunday, September 02, 2007

Quick Update

We have officially moved completely out of our rental house. The good news--our landlord fixed the window on Tuesday! We are glad that she finally saw the truth behind what Steve calls "our juvenile delinquent turkey" situation. Or maybe it was Jeff's legally worded email and the pictures that did it. Either way, the window is fixed and we're out! We spent all night Friday cleaning the place, so we're hoping we get our entire security deposit back. Keep your fingers crossed...

Jeff and I both spent this week at work. I am in a much better position than I was last year. I am feeling organized and on top of things, which is a first, since last year I felt like I was a lap behind everyone else from the get go. Kids come on Tuesday to check things out (drop off their supplies, meet and greet) and then Wednesday is a full day. Jeff, lucky dog, has Tuesday off, since most schools are not technically in session. Jeff's hard work last year paid off as well--so far this year he's received a donation of a washer and dried from Jerry's (our locally owned home improvement store) and been interviewed for two different newspaper articles!

We're settling into our new place slowly but surely. We've got the kitchen mostly unpacked and our bedroom is more or less together, but that's about it. We're hoping to do some work tomorrow on the box-in-the-garage situation. It'd be nice to be able to park the car in there one of these days...

Other than that, we're enjoying our long weekend and making the most of the last days of summer. It's nice to get back to "normal."

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger gg said...

Can't wait to see pics of the house fully loaded. Glad you're enjoying your day off- I'm working here in Vienna!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger natashalp said...

Glad to hear you're settling in... can't wait to see more pictures! The boys are back to school tomorrow as well. Can't believe the summer is "over"! Supposed to be hot and humid here this week. Have a great week back!

Love,
Tash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home