Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bragging Rights

Jeff rarely talks about his accomplishments, so the bragging rights are all mine.

Jeff recently had an article published in Newcity Chicago, a local (to Chicago at least) periodical with a circulation of about 70,000. The best parts: 1)It´s about beer. 2)It´s an interview, which he conducted unbeknowst to the editor, from Gualaceo. 3)When he sent it in, the editor didn´t alter a single word (though he did change the title--Jeff´s orginal title was "Goose Island´s Hall of Fame") 4)The brewmaster he interviewed wants to take Jeff out for a pint when we get home.

Here´s the link if you want to read the article:
http://www.newcitychicago.com/chicago/5357.html

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff, great article. Of course, as we all know, great brewmasters are weaned on Stroh's. And I love that you were able to get in your little rant about the lack of Chicago brewpubs. But, you left out that Milwaukee has 700,000 brewpubs. Peace. Misha

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratumalations!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just sipping the last of my third cold brew when I read your New City Article concerning the GOLDEN GOOSE. You have only yourself to blame if your mother becomes a raging alcoholic. The article was very persuasive and excellently written. When can I read your book ?

Everyone misses you and wishes you could be home for Sarah's graduation party. We will all drink several cold ones in your honor. We are especially looking forward to finally drinking your stash of novelty beers from Maine. I can't help myself; it's become my new obsession. But hey, it's no big deal, I needed to build up my tolerance for Cancun anyway.

Lotsa Love, Mom (Geiger)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home