Monday, August 28, 2006

Inside our House

As I have forgotten to take pictures of the outside of the house. You'll have to make do with pictures of the inside. Though I suppose we'll have to take them again when our stuff arrives...

When you walk in the front door, you enter the living room. I currently use this area as Central Headquarters. We have a nice, strong wireless signal coming from our neighbors (full bars!) and I can spread all my teaching materials out on the floor. What luxury!

If you turn right after you enter the front door, you go into the kitchen. It's my favorite room because of the way the chair rail and wall beneath are painted. It's the only room in our house that isn't white, which is nice. It's cozy and will be great once we actually have things like dishes and silverware and pots and pans. Oh, I hope the moving van hurries!!

Off the kitchen is our very own laundry/storage room. I think I am going to put my desk out there. It has nice light in the afternoon and I love to look at the washer and drier. I'm sure that will wear off...at least I hope it does!

So, if you walk straight through the living room, you'll enter the bathroom. The bedrooms are on either side. I didn't label the pictures, so you'll have to make sense of them on your own. I also have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to end up sideways, which is the way I took them. Please use your imagination and deductive reasoning skills. The room with the air mattress peaking out of the corner is where we'll sleep. The other room is Jeff's writing retreat.





This concludes the internal house tour of Emily and Jeff. Please check back at a later date to view the outside of the house and the yard. Maybe I should have been a realtor...

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger natashalp said...

Em & Jeff,

I am so excited when I hear your stories of the move, your new job and your new house, I can hardly stand it! It almost makes me want to move across the country... key word, "almost".

Thanks for sharing your news and your pictures. I can't wait for more!

Good luck in your preparations for the school year, Em. I'll be thinking about you. I KNOW you'll be great! Parlez-vous Francais?

Missing you again,
Tash

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was checking your site for updates for a few weeks. I stopped for a couple of days and then BAM! Now you're employed and sheltered out in Oregon! That's terrific. The house looks really nice too.

Will you be able to make it to Jake and Julie's wedding, or will you be too busy prepping for school? We leave tomorrow morning, driving halfway across the country with a feisty toddler. I don't think we're going to get any sleep on this trip, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Take care!
Ellen

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Em! Your place looks too cute! You must thrilled that everything is falling into place with your move across the country :) The job also sounds great, I can't wait to hear more about it. Keep up with the blog so we can follow along with your adventure.

Miss you lots!

Lee

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a cozy place. Vicki will send a critique of your virtual tour. You should change your location on the blog profile to Oregon since you actually have put down roots for a while.

Dad Geiger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home